Cutting carbs help people shed weight fast. The processed foods that are high in carbohydrates are easily absorbed in to the blood stream and converted to sugar. On the other hand, carbohydrates are powerhouse from which the body gets the required fuel to function. Carbohydrates that are consumed in excess are stored by body as fats which are used later. In case, the energy is not utilized it stays in fat cells. Accumulation of this over a time leads to weight gain.
Acclaimed weight loss programs like Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, etc also limit carbs so that their dieters lose weight fast. You can visit sonacreamery site to go through a thorough comparison made on these two weight loss programs. The carbohydrates cause increase in blood sugar levels which activate the pancreas to secrete insulin. Insulin helps in clearing the sugars in the blood and keeps the body in a metabolic equilibrium. The excess glucose found in blood is converted into glucogen and stored in liver and muscle cells. This is reserved for later use. Further excess glucogen is converted as fat and stored in the body.
A low carb diet may help you lose weight positively but it is expected to work for only a few weeks. Here are a few examples of low carb foods that you can eat on a no carb diet.
- Pastured eggs of turkey and chicken
- Organic coconut oil, walnut, grape seed, avocado and olive oil
- Fish and Seafood such as salmon, haddock, etc
- Non starchy veggies like Brussels sprouts, cabbage, green beans, broccoli, lettuce, bell peppers, asparagus, tomatoes, cucumber, spinach and cauliflower
- Hard cheese, butter made from grass fed cow’s milk and some of the approved cheese like cheddar cheese, blue cheese, goat feta, American cheese and Parmesan
- Water, coffee and tea has no carbs