For many Mondays are dull whereas Fridays are the best. Irrespective of whether you are a school-goer or a working professional, after five days of strenuous work and monotonous timetable, the only thing that we all look forward is towards the weekend. While for some, weekends are for unwinding and relaxing while for others it is all about parties. Here are some tips on how you can spend your weekends in the healthiest manner and yet stay content.
- Do not get into the habit of going to bed too late or sleeping in until late afternoons. Although weekends are all about regaining your lost sleep, you can achieve that in a healthy manner by sleeping early and maybe extending your wakeup call by an hour or two.
- Avoid the urge to spend every weekend meal eating out or ordering in. Rather try some creative healthy cooking at home. There are so many dishes that you can cook under 30 minutes. Try these.
- Do some weekend exercises. It does not have to be the regular gym routine. You could probably join a class in aerobics, Zumba or salsa. You could also meet up with friends to play a fun game of football or badminton.
- Go to the park. Kids or no kids, parks are for everyone. A stroll around the park or simply being seated and enjoying the greenery around is more relaxing than you can imagine.
- Step outside for some fresh air. Take a lazy walk or go for a drive.
- Try to avoid the usual weekend fun such as eating out, late night parties, and resorting to alcohol and drugs. These might seem fun now. However, these cause long-term health effects for which you will regret deeply. If you are already into such bad habits, then seek expert help to help you stay out of such addiction by visiting a rehab such as the Ontario drug rehabs.
Stay healthy to stay happy always!